Specialization Academy of Content Experts (SACE) Workshop
|Date:||Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Multiple Rooms|
Annual workshop to assist specialization academy of content experts with item writing.
Writing good multiple-choice questions can be difficult. MCQs often contain technical flaws that provide an advantage to "test-wise" examinees, and they sometimes focus on content that is relatively unimportant from a clinical perspective.
This item-writing workshop focuses on preparing and reviewing MCQs that assess application of clinical knowledge in patient care situations, rather than just recall of isolated facts.
Breakout Room 1: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Room To Be Determined
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary
- Clinical Electrophysiology
- Wound Management
Breakout Room 2: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Room To Be Determined
Breakout Room 3: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Room To Be Determined
- Women's Health
Breakout Room 4: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Room To Be Determined
Breakout Room 5: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Room To Be Determined
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn to effectively utilize established eRoom system for item submission
- Recognize, correct and avoid commonly occurring technical flaws in MCQ phrasing
- Select topics for MCQs that are suitable for the physical therapy specialty examinations
- Write (and rewrite) MCQs assessing application of clinical knowledge in patient care situations
- Learning out to effectively incorporate images and multi-media in MCQs
- Participate effectively in group review of MCQs
The workshop will be run in an interactive, seminar-style format that also includes small-group activities.