Specialization Academy of Content Experts (SACE) Workshop
Annual workshop to assist specialization academy of content experts with item writing.
Writing good multiple-choice questions can be difficult. MCQs often contain technical flaws that provide an advantage to "test-wise" examinees, and they sometimes focus on content that is relatively unimportant from a clinical perspective.
This item-writing workshop focuses on preparing and reviewing MCQs that assess application of clinical knowledge in patient care situations, rather than just recall of isolated facts.
The workshop will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, TX.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn to effectively utilize established eRoom system for item submission
- Recognize, correct and avoid commonly occurring technical flaws in MCQ phrasing
- Select topics for MCQs that are suitable for the physical therapy specialty examinations
- Write (and rewrite) MCQs assessing application of clinical knowledge in patient care situations
- Learning out to effectively incorporate images and multi-media in MCQs
- Participate effectively in group review of MCQs
The workshop will be run in an interactive, seminar-style format that also includes small-group activities.